AWS Standard System Training
Due to restrictions related to the novel coronavirus outbreak, this training will be delayed to April/May.
Delivered in Mandarin, this training program is designed for water stewardship practitioners.
Whether you are a site manager implementing water stewardship actions, or a consultant or auditor working with implementers, this 3-day interactive training program will equip you with the knowledge and skills to practice water stewardship actions embodied in the AWS International Water Stewardship Standard (AWS Standard).
Successful completion of the training program and achieving a passing mark in the relevant exam enables you to join the AWS Professional Credentialing System.
- Gain an understanding of the AWS Standard frameworkand its criteria, core indicators and main advanced indicators
- Develop skills to navigate and apply the AWS Standard
- Develop skills to select and apply appropriate water management tools to implement the AWS Standard
- Gain an understanding of business value of water stewardship
- Become acquainted with AWS Standard Systems, including quality assurance and certification processes
Day 1 | Foundations of Water Stewardship
- Overview of China’s water resources, challenges and policy changes under the influence of the “Water Ten Plan”
- Theoretical basis and core concepts of “sustainable water management”
- Overview of AWS International Water Stewardship Standard
- Relationship and integration of water/environment management methods, tools and initiatives
- Applications of the AWS Standard in business, supply chain management, protected area maangement, green credit, green procurement etc.
Day 2 | Advanced Training in AWS Standard
- Deep dive into the Guidelines and Indicators (Core and Advanced) of the AWS Standard and its 5 Steps
- Step 1: Gather & Understand
- Step 2: Commit & Plan
- Step 3: Implement
- Step 4: Evaluate
- Step 5: Communicate & Disclose
- Engaging with AWS Standard documents, terminology and guidance
- Exercise: How to design a water stewardship action plan
- Introduction to AWS Certification and AWS Professional Credentialling Systems
Day 3 | Specialist Training in AWS Systems
- Using AWS Standard Evaluation Templates
- Exercise: self-assessment and pre-assessment
- Exercise: site compliance audit
- Deep dive into AWS Specialist Professional Credentialling for Consulting, Certification and Training Services
- Commercial value and promotion of AWS Standard