Join the Alliance.
By becoming an AWS member, you join the local and global network of water stewards dedicated to a water secure world that enables people, cultures, business and the environment to prosper.
Our members include businesses, peak bodies, not-for-profits, public sector agencies and individuals.
Why should we join?
You form the local AWS Asia-Pacific network and the global AWS International network
Members collaborate with other members, sharing a rich diversity of water stewardship experience and knowledge. Membership provides a platform for exchanging learning to tackle water-related challenges. It is this shared insight, born from the multi-stakeholder nature of AWS that gives us a strong, credible voice on water use and stewardship.
- Priority access to local and global AWS Forums, events and working groups
- Priority access to local and global networks, resources and tools
You own and shape the water stewardship system
Inclusive multi-stakeholder collaboration is central to the AWS system. Through membership, you can advocate for your work in sustainable water management and influence the AWS system by participating in:
- Consultations on the strategic development of AWS
- Collaborations over the evolution of the AWS Standard and its systems
- Governance of AWS Asia-Pacific through member-exclusive eligibility to nominate and vote for representation on the Asia-Pacific Board and Governance Committees
- Governance of AWS International through member-exclusive eligibility to nominate and vote for representation on the International Board and Technical Committee
You position your brand and organisation as a supporter of responsible water stewardship
Members enjoy access to AWS branding and platforms as a badge of recognition for their contribution and support of water stewardship.
- Your logo and web link on both AWS Asia-Pacific and AWS International websites
- Member-exclusive access to AWS member branding
- Outreach support via AWS events and marketing tools
You enjoy benefits offered by AWS Asia-Pacific
To assist members in advancing their water stewardship journey, AWS Asia-Pacific offers special benefits such as:
- Special member-only prices for training and paid events
- Direct support services from AWS Asia-Pacific, customised to suit your needs
Membership categories and fees
Membership of AWS Asia-Pacific is open to any individual or organisation. Organisations that are members of AWS Asia-Pacific automatically become members of AWS International. To view current members of AWS International, click on this link.
Fees for organisations are charged on a calendar year basis. Fees for individuals are charged based on the Australian financial year (1 July – 30 June the following year). New members are charged a pro rata fee from the date they become a member.
Annual fees are decided by members at the AWS International Annual General Meeting.
|Membership Categories (annual turnover in AUD)||2020 Annual Fees*|
Medium (AUD20M – 100M)
Small (AUD2M – 20M)
|Public Sector/Government||AUD 1,800|
|Civil Society/Non Government Organisation/Not for Profit|
Medium (AUD2M – 20M)
Small (AUD500K – 2M)
*Members based in Australia are subject to an additional 10% GST charge.