By becoming a member, you join the local and global network of water stewards dedicated to a water secure world that enables people, cultures, business and the environment to prosper, now and in the future.
Our members include corporations, businesses, peak bodies, not-for-profits, public sector agencies, academic institutions, and individuals.
Members are encouraged to become AWS Certified, which confirms that your organisation has met the global benchmark for responsible water stewardship.
Why should we join?
You form the local AWS Asia-Pacific network and the global AWS International network
Members collaborate with other members, sharing a rich diversity of water stewardship experience and knowledge. Membership provides a platform for exchanging learning to tackle water-related challenges. It is this shared insight, born from the multi-stakeholder nature of AWS that gives us a strong, credible voice on water use and stewardship.
- Priority access to local and global AWS Forums, events and working groups
- Priority access to local and global networks, resources and tools
You own and shape the water stewardship system
Inclusive multi-stakeholder collaboration is central to the AWS system. Through membership, you can advocate for your work in sustainable water management and influence the AWS system by participating in:
- Consultations on the strategic development of AWS
- Collaborations over the evolution of the AWS Standard and its systems
- Governance of AWS Asia-Pacific through member-exclusive eligibility to nominate and vote for representation on the Asia-Pacific Board and Governance Committees
- Governance of AWS International through member-exclusive eligibility to nominate and vote for representation on the International Board and Technical Committee
You position your brand and organisation as a supporter of responsible water stewardship
Members enjoy access to AWS branding and platforms as a badge of recognition for their contribution and support of water stewardship.
- Your logo and web link on both AWS Asia-Pacific and AWS International websites
- Member-exclusive access to AWS member branding
- Outreach support via AWS events and marketing tools
You enjoy benefits offered by AWS Asia-Pacific
To assist members in advancing their water stewardship journey, AWS Asia-Pacific offers special benefits such as:
- Special member-only prices for training and paid events
- Direct support services from AWS Asia-Pacific, customised to suit your needs
Membership fees for organisations are charged on a calendar year basis i.e. from 1 January – 31 December. Membership fees for individuals are charged based on the Australian financial year, i.e. from 1 July to 30 June the following year. New members will be charged a pro rata membership fee from the date they become a member.
Annual fees for the 2020 calendar year will be nominated and voted on by members at the Annual General Meeting to be held in November 2019.
|Membership Categories (annual turnover in AUD)||2019 Annual Fees* (AUD)
Medium (AUD20M – 100M)
Small (AUD2M – 20M)
|Civil Society/Non Government Organisation/Not for Profit
Medium (AUD2M – 20M)
Small (AUD500K – 2M)
*Members based in Australia will be charged an additional 10% for GST.